Debates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Fulliron

AT DEBATE: Yklwa Empty AT DEBATE: Yklwa

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:39 pm
Currently at debate: The Yklwa is thought to be overly powerful, as a one-handed d8 simple weapon. Debate whether or not this should be changed, and how
Reaper

AT DEBATE: Yklwa Empty Re: AT DEBATE: Yklwa

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:44 pm
I believe the Yklwa is overly powerful, due to the power inherant to having a d8, on a one-handed, Simple weapon.
I think one of several solutions is possible, from making it two-handed (maybe making it a d10 at that point, to match Greatclub), or simply making it Martial.
MadManWithABox
MadManWithABox

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:54 pm
Personally we shouldn't be changing the official workings that wizard of the coast made, they made it for a reason and is balanced as it is. The only things that we should worry about fixing and changing are Homebrew and UA stuff that is sent our way.
ParadiseLost-Tonton
Admin
https://vunderville-council.forumotion.com

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:01 am
To be fair, we added some buffs to sorcerer, so in a sense this can be fixed as well. Just make it more expensive is probably the best option imo, but keeping everything else as is.
Reaper

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:13 am
I think Athen's given idea (Making it rarer, and unobtainable via Blacksmith, esp for the various Expanded Smithing features) is a good one.
It avoids nerfing it in any given way, and makes it a "Oh, cool, i've got this rare weapon" instead of "Oh, i coulda bought this at the smith, but better if i drop a bit of gold"
MadManWithABox
MadManWithABox

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:58 am
The problem with sorcerer is that there was so little going for it though. Metamagic does not excuse how little spells known they had
MadManWithABox
MadManWithABox

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:59 am
Making it rarer should be fine I just don't want mechanical things like changing the weapon type to happen.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum